SolMates is only minutes away from some of St. Croix’s greatest beaches, restaurants, shopping, boating, and the best scuba diving in the world!
The “Gentle Virgin” island of St. Croix offers activities for all kinds of travelers. Here’s just a sample:
- Go horseback riding on the beach and into the rainforest with Jen and Cruzan Cowgirls.
- Explore St. Croix off-the-beaten track by jeep with Tan Tan Tours.
- Go diving! So many choices! Pick up your gear at Cane Bay Dive Shop, walk across the street and into your greatest wall dive yet, just yards from the beach.
- Sail out to Buck Island for snorkeling with Capt. Mike on the Jolly Roger out of Christiansted, or Capt. Carl on Teroro II out of Green Cay Marina.
- Kayak the bioluminescent lagoon at Salt River Bay with the extremely knowledgeable and attentive Bryan and Jill of Virgin Kayak Tours.
Arts & crafts shopper?
- Artists and jewelers seem to be attracted to and inspired by St. Croix – among our favorites so far: Sonya, ib designs, Joyia Inspirational Jewelry, Crucian Gold, Mitchell Larsen Studio, Bottles Reimagined.
- They’re dancing in the streets four times a year at “Jump Up! St Croix,” a carnival-like street festival in Christiansted with Mocko Jumbies, steel drum bands, local cuisine, arts and crafts, and shopping.
- Learn about the storied history and culture of St. Croix at Estate Whim Museum, Fort Christianvaern, and other landmark sights across the island.
Looking for local flavor?
- The award-winning St. Croix Food and Wine Experience each April is one of the top events of its kind in the world.
- Both Cruzan Rum and Captain Morgan Rum are distilled on St. Croix. Tour the distilleries, and do a tasting!
- Known as “the beauty and the beast,” the Captain Morgan IRONMAN St. Croix Triathlon every May is considered a “bucket list” race for athletes and fans alike.
- At Pampered VI & The Courtyard, take a yoga class, get a massage, and learn about Caribbean culture.
- Try your luck at the Divi Carina Bay Resort, which has the only casino in the Virgin Islands.
This is just a taste of all that’s available to you, should you explore outside the doors of SolMates! (which we do encourage!) More information about restaurants, beaches, and activities are collected for guests in an album at the villa – and we love to hear about your discoveries too!
And to keep up with the latest, check out My-StCroix.com
Remember: U.S. citizens do not need a passport to visit St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands! (though having one can help you get through TSA faster!)